Thursday, May 6, 2010

Finger Lickin Fifteen



Janet Evanovich
St. Martin’s Press
$27.95


I have enjoyed the series and this one has a lot of good things about it. The pacing is fast with fun characters in humorous situations. Stephanie Plum is involved in a lot of complicated circumstances that are entertaining reading The one thing I’ve noticed is that Evanovich has put in a lot of toilet humor throughout the work. I, for one do not understand authors who feel they have to resort to that kind of comedy to get a laugh. In all the writings of Donald E. Westlake, the master of the comic caper, I can’t remember ever reading toilet humor in any of his long body of work. It will be a while before I read another Plum novel after this one.

www.stmartins.com
www.amazon.com

Review by Gary Roen

No comments:

Post a Comment